Summer tax bills are usually mailed the first week of July. The summer taxes are due by September 14, after this date a 1% per month interest is added to the base amount due. This monthly increase amount can be found in the chart at the top of each tax bill.
The summer tax bills include:
- The school district millage
- Intermediate school district millage
- County millage for general operations
Winter tax bills are usually mailed the first week of December. The taxes are due by February 14.
The winter tax bills include:
- Township voted millage for general operations, roads, trash, ambulance and fire services
- County levies voted millage for Commission on Aging, Meadow Brook and E-911 service.
- There are a few properties that have a special assessment for water on their winter tax bill
The summer and winter tax bills are turned over delinquent to the Antrim County Treasurer on March 1. As additional interest and penalty fees will be added to the bills, you will need to contact the Antrim County Treasurer at (231)533-6720
Antrim County maintains a website that provides useful information for looking up tax information. The website is www.antrimcounty.org Under the useful links menu on the left side of the page at that website is a link for parcel search. This opens a window in which a parcel number or the property owner’s name may be entered. Property information that is available under this link includes township, school district, taxable value, state equalized value, principle residence status, property class, legal description, and summer and winter tax amounts.